You are hereeBooks
Waucoma is Changing the Way We Do eBooks
In the coming days we will be transitioning to our new eBook partner, Kobo, as well as selling dedicated Kobo eReading devices, tablets, and accessories in the bookstore.
All your past eBook purchases will still be available through our website, as well as in your Google account.
How Does the Transition Affect Me?
- For future eBook purchases, you will need to create an account through Kobo using our affiliate link to the Kobo website (this allows Waucoma Bookstore to get credit for your ebook purchases on the Kobo website), then click the register link in the upper right hand corner.
- If you read on a dedicated eReader device, you will be able to purchase books through our website (available soon). If you purchase an eBook directly on the Waucoma or Kobo websites, you will need to download the eBook to your computer and then use Adobe Digital Editions to transfer the eBook to your eReader. The process to transfer eBooks to your device should work the same as with our current eBook vendor.
- For those who read on a tablet or cell phone, Kobo has apps for all devices. Click on this link to download the Kobo app for your specific device. When you create your account with Kobo, make sure to use our affiliate link so Waucoma Bookstore get credit for your purchase.
- Kobo has a great pricing structure, millions of eBooks, and high quality dedicated eReading devices.
- You can still buy ebooks and support Waucoma Bookstore with your purchases (once you have registered)
- Kobo has over 1 Million free eBooks.
- Kobo has a dedicated help line to help answer all your eBook questions, and can probably answer your questions better than we can.
- Kobo offers open eReader devices that allow you to load many different types of eBooks (EPUB, PDF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TXT, HTML, RFT, CBZ, CBR) that you have purchased elsewhere.
- Kobo devices allow you to load eBooks from our local library.
- The program allows us to sell dedicated eReading devices, and we are confident in the quality of the Kobo devices.
- Allows our customers the simplicity of ordering eBooks directly from their eReading device.
- Allows us to continue to offer eBooks to our loyal customers.
- The program also allows us to focus on what we do best, selling books, and leaves the tech support to someone who is much better at handling it.
- The Kobo program is coordinated by our trade association, the American Booksellers Association (ABA), and independent bookstores across the United States are participating in the partnership with the ABA and Kobo.
Thank you for all your support over the years.
-The Staff at Waucoma Bookstore